A smart school uniform plays an important role supporting our academy ethos.
We expect all students to wear the correct uniform properly, both in and outside school, and to feel proud of the school it represents. We want students to be ambassadors for the academy and to create the right impression when in the community.
A uniform sets the tone for each school day - that we are ready to work hard, we are aiming for high standards and caring for one another equally. We want all students to take pride in looking smart and professional; if everyone wears a uniform, no-one stands out so a uniform can also help to reduce bullying.
At home, it is a practical answer to getting ready for school quickly and represents better value for money than fashion items.
We recommend that all students' clothing and personal belongings are clearly labelled with their name.
Compulsory items of uniform
- A black blazer with the academy logo on the pocket - the blazer must be worn at all times, unless indicated by staff
- White shirt
- Academy tie
- Black tailored trousers, or black academy skirt for girls (with logo)
- Dark coloured socks; girls' tight should be plain black or neutral colour
- Black shoes (not trainer style nor with high heels)
- Dark coloured, sensible coat suitable for inclement weather
- A school bag for carrying books and school equipment.
- It is permissible for students to wear a black v-neck sweater, during winter months only.
New PE kit
Year 7 and Year 8 (compulsory) / Year 9, Year 10 and Year 11 (optional)
- Blue t-shirt with logo
- Black shorts with logo
- Blue sports socks
Optional items available for purchase include:
- Hoodie with logo
- Tec pants with logo
- Nike blue t-shirt with logo (Years 9 - 11 only)
- Nike shorts with logo (Years 9 - 11 only)
- Nike socks (Years 9 - 11 only)
- Hair colour should be natural.
- Extreme hairstyles, colour or hair art are not allowed, No. 1 is the lowest blade accepted. (Judgement will be by the Principal).
- No jewellery is allowed except for a watch and small gold or silver stud earrings in each earlobe.
- A modest amount of natural make-up is acceptable.
The Year 11 tie
Our Year 11 students wear a different tie to the rest of the student body. The tie signifies the seniority of our older students and symbolises the additional privileges and benefits they receive. However, it can also be taken away for misdemeanours.